Saturday, July 4, 2009

Our first day in Japan

So we woke up around 5 am on our first day, we hadn't quite gotten used to the time difference. We tried to sleep a bit more to get used to it and finally gave up and went to breakfast. Holy Cow!!! The breakfast at the hotel is amazing!!!! Buffet style with both Japanese style and "Western" style. I put it in quotes cause it's not quite western style like you and I would be used to, it's hard to explain with out seeing it so I will try and get some pictures up tomorrow for it.

We decided to just walk around our area and see what we could find. We walked around Shinjuku and found some department stores which are eerily similar to malls in America only they are vertical instead of horizontal. We then found a book store to pick up a set of novels for a friend of ours and spent a lot of time looking through that store. Waaaaaaa so much manga!!!!!!!!!! We'll definitely be going back there. (My wife has the camera so I don't have pictures yet but will tonight).

We were told we had to check out a conbini (convenience store) to get lunch. It was amazing and cheap!!! (again pictures later).

We did some more walking around looking for a Book Off (used book store) but couldn't find it. I'm gonna go looking some more today though. After that we decided to head back home a rest, stopping at another conbini for supper (these are so great!!!)

So that was our first day, next Caviglia is at her conference and I spend my time wandering around Shibuya.

No comments:

Post a Comment