Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ok so we're here (This time with pictures) (or not)


So it looks like I'm having a bit of trouble uploading images and I don't feel like dealing with it right now. So these will come later.

Yeah we're in Japan and I'm not tired!! The room here is pretty small compared to hotel rooms I'm used to but it's not too bad at all. We'll have more about the room later, first the tale of our plane trip.



Yeah boarding passes!!!

Mom and Dad dropped us off at the airport in Cedar Rapids and we got our bags checked and sat and waited for our flight. After Dad and grabbed a cinnamon roll with an un-godly amount of frosting we decided to go through security and wait for the plane there.
Luckily my metal plate did not set off the security sensor, but un-luckily the phone I had left in my pocket did, bah!! Once that was straghtened out we got on the plane. It was super tiny but I was in the aisle so I could stretch out a bit.
One thing of note, sitting 2 rows in front of us was none other than U of I's Offensive Coordinator Ken O'Keefe! I didn't want to bother him since he was with his wife but still kinda cool.

We landed in Detroit and ate a Chili's before getting on our ginormous 747 for the grueling 13hr or so flight to Japan. It started out ok cause it was much bigger than the other plane we had taken, but after a few hours of sitting in once it got a bit uncomfortable. We had supper on the plane and then I tried sleeping for a bit. When that didn't work I watched one of the inflight movies. The selection wasn't great but I got to see the wonderfully craptacular Dragon Ball Evolution movie again! It was just as wonderfully horrible as the last time, Chow Yun Fat makes a great Master Roshi.
This is getting a bit long so I will end it here, we're getting ready to walk around our hotel for a bit.
I'll continue with more info about the airport and getting to our hotel later. In the meantime here are the rest of the pics we took before getting on the plane.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I hated those flights. Fortunately they are more boring than anything else. Can't wait to hear more.

    ReplyDelete