Thursday, July 9, 2009

Kyoto!

If you're wondering why we've been silent, we have been in Kyoto for the past couple days and haven't had internet access. We've got a busy day today also so this will be a quick post and I'll have more later.

We got on the shinkansen (bullet train) around noon and went flying to Kyoto. The whole trip only took about 2 hours.




Our tickets for the shinkansen.


We arrived in Kyoto and went to find Caviglia's incense shop, which was apparently super cool. i don't know so I'll let her talk about that.

We walked around a bit and then went to our ryokan (japanese stlye inn) which was luckily in the same area.
We found the place and got to our room, it was really cool there the attendants were all wearing kimono and it was all Japanesey.







We hung out in the room a bit and discovered that the yukata they had provided us was perfect for Caviglia and way too small for me. So we decided to try and see if they had bigger ones, they did, and.... it was still way too small. Oh well. I decided then that I didn't want to bother with the public bath so we just waited for supper to be brought to our room. I was a little worried about this since we would be able to select the food we got. All in all it wasn't bad some fish but enough other stuff that I was able to eat enough.






Well that's all for now. I'll try and get some more up later today.

1 comment:

  1. oh there was a public bath type area. i somehow missed that part. unfortunate about the robe and all.

    ReplyDelete