Monday, July 6, 2009

Asakusa and Akiba

We're pretty tired, so I'll give bullet points of what happened today, perhaps to be filled in by Boben later:

- ate breakfast next to family who kept staring at me, and with strange headphoned, sunglassed spiky hair guy across the room as well
- met Wynette (Boben's cousin) at the Asakusa Station
- visited the Sensoji Temple and the faboo temple market (bookmarked for a return visit)
- ate at a tendon restaurant (tempura and a bowl of rice with toppings) (I got cold noodles, Boben got rice bowl and noodles)
- visited Kappa-Bashi street (the restaurant supplies street)
- found a Buddhist altar supplies store for incense (bookmarked for return)
- went across town to Akihabara (the electronics and anime, etc. district)
- went to Gamers for a bit, and found cool stuff that I can't remember (bookmarked?)
- found Gashapon Alley (gashapon = little toys and trinkets that come in plastic bubbles in a vending machine) - which had dolls, cosplay stuff, and character items on various floors (bookmarked!)
- stopped at a cafe to rest
- walked around for a while to find a restaurant
- ate yakiniku at a restaurant on the 8th floor of a building (where about 10 other restaurants were) (yakiniku = beef cooked on a metal grid over an open flame, in the center of the table)
- said Bye to Wynette at Akihabara Station, and came back!

We're both super tired, and I've got some terrible blisters from some little blisters I got from bad shoes at the conference on Saturday. So tomorrow we're staying in Shinjuku.

I am enjoying a Yebisu beer from the vending machine down the hall. (Chosen based on my M.O. this trip, trying stuff that I see on TV commercials)

Pictures from today:




No comments:

Post a Comment