Saturday, July 4, 2009

My day in Japan

We started off with the awesome breakfast again and I walked Caviglia to the station to see her off. I'll see if I can't get her to post her experiences some time.

I went back to the hotel and figured out what to do. I wanted to try some pachinko and find an arcade. We had seen some pachinko parlors near the station and I had read about a giant arcade near Shibuya station so I set out.

First I did pachinko, not all that exciting actually. I wasted a bunch of money for not much gain. I'm not a fan of slot machines in general and this was actually a bit more boring than that. I'm not sure if I was doing it right, but it seemed like you just sit there and watch the balls fly around, yeah.

I kept a few of the balls as souvenirs.

I then set out to find Taito Station, the giant arcade. I got on the Yamanote line and heading to Shibuya. I didn't find the station but Shibuya was exciting, I think it's the giant shopping district. I spent my time just walking and looking around it was pretty cool. I also found the statue of Hachiko, a famous dog statue (I don't know why it's famous I should probably find out sometime) and it's a famous meeting place.

I went back home to rest, shower(again) and change. Did I mention it is really freakin' hot here?
I went walking around Shinjuku station again and found a cool little music store and bought a couple of cds of my 2 favorite groups from Japan, Beat Crusaders and Yui. WOOO!!!

Then I went to the hotel room to cool down and wait for Caviglia.

Today I saw her off for the second day of the conference and I am going to find Taito Station for sure this time and also the Book Off. I will report again tonight!!
Ja Mata!

No comments:

Post a Comment